GSV Writers Circle
The GSV Writers Circle is a discussion group that offers ongoing support for writers of family history.
The group encourages and helps its members to write their family histories, especially those who are just starting out.
Through its monthly meetings, email list and dedicated facebook page, the GSV Writers Circle offers:
• Collaborative reviews and discussion of members’ submitted writing.
• Regular discussions on topics relevant to family-history writers, such as writing a good ending, writing memoir, adding maps and images, publishing, footnotes and narrative structure.
• Advice and suggestions about your developing work – from punctuation to readability.
• Ongoing email access to the more than 90 GSV Writers to share your writing questions.
• A regular ‘Getting it Write’ article in each issue of Ancestor journal.
Who may join?
The GSV Writers Circle is open to GSV Members as part of their annual subscription. There is no additional fee.
The Circle meets monthly from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm on the first Wednesday of each month, (except January) at the GSV Meeting Room, Level 6, 85 Queen Street, Melbourne.
Meetings alternate between reviews of writing and discussing topics selected by the members for the year ahead.
How to join
Simply come along!
If you like what you see and hear give your email address to the convener on the day.
GSV members are welcome to join GSV Writers Circle closed facebook page.