Visiting the Library
How do I find my way around the Library?
- We highly recommend you attend an orientation session that explains how the Genealogical Society of Victoria (GSV) and its library works.
- We also hold beginners sessions for those who are new to genealogy.
- Check GSV events for scheduled orientation sessions and beginners sessions.
- On your first visit let the Library Research Assistants know and they will provide you with a quick tour of our library.
How do I prepare for a visit?
- It’s important to have an idea of what you want to find before you visit. Write down what you know about your family beforehand. Our ‘Beginning your family history’ guide is an example of how to start your research. Bring this information when you visit, and if you need assistance our friendly volunteers are always willing to help you.
- You can check our Library collections from home.