GSV 2017 Writing Prize
Our writing competition is on again! It is open to all GSV Members. We are very pleased to announce that Ancestry™ has very generously offered the first prize : a one year subscription to their ‘UK Heritage plus’ option as the prize. The winning article will be published in the December 2017 issue.
Up to four accompanying images are desirable but are not part of the criteria. Images must be the author’s own, or have the owner’s permission to publish.
The article should:
- be between 1200 and 2400 words
- be the author’s own original work
- not have been previously published in any format
- have a family history / genealogy theme
- contain appropriate citations to documents and other works
The winning article will be that which, in the opinion of the judges, is the most interesting and well-written. The judges will be the Ancestor editorial group together with the President of the GSV. Their decision is final.
The Editorial group and GSV staff are not eligible to enter.
How to enter
Cover page should include:
- Author’s given name and surname
- Email address
- Telephone number
- GSV member number
- Title of article
- Word length
- Declaration that it is the author’s own original work and has not been previously published in any format.
- Captions for images supplied
- Declaration regarding the images – either the author’s own or by permission of whom they can be published.
- Permission to publish the article and the images in Ancestor
- Permission to publish the author’s email address
Guideline for Authors (Includes How to do referencing (citations))